Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Earthquake and first typhoon of the year!

Wow, Japan is going crazy right now!

On Saturday, I was peacefully cleaning the floor when our building suddenly received a blow from below!
Then it started shaking horizontally.
This was really serious this time. I was sort of afraid that our standing mirror would fall. Sometimes, as we are waiting for the BIG ONE, I think: Oh let's get it over with when it starts shaking again.
And the crazy thing was, on Saturday morning I just said: "Wouldn't it be fun if we had an earthquake tonight" as I never experienced an earthquake together with a large group of people and we had planned a party for that night.
So my conclusion, after the quake hit in the afternoon, that quakes are male cause they never seem to listen carefully to what I say! :-) Isn't that what all these self-help books are saying about men?! :-) (Not that I could say that about my hubby, though!)
Well, and then the crazy thing was that because of the quake which was, according to different sources, between 5.7 and 6.0 or 6.1 on the Richter scale, the elevators in our building didn't work any more. And we are living on the 21st floor!!! So I thought, well then our guests will have to do some workout.
But it came even better: Our guests did not even arrive because they were stuck in subway and train stations as also no subways and trains were running due to the earthquake. And this for hours!
But in the end, most of our guests made it and we had a great party!

Well, and yesterday, the first typhoon of the year hit us almost perfectly. But, as often, it was not strong at all. Just a lot of rain.

But still, overall, there was a lot of geographically interesting action here those last days, that is, perfect days for people like me :-)!

3 Comments:

At 1:49 AM, Blogger Herr K. said...

you are reading self help books?

 
At 2:19 PM, Blogger 失踪 said...

oh my goodness.

 
At 6:05 AM, Blogger joeylane6094 said...

i thought your blog was cool and i think you may like this cool Website. now just Click Here

 

Post a Comment

<< Home